Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hair Part II

I almost forgot to share this!

When I was doing research about donating my hair, I learned about Matter of Trust, a non-profit that seems to do a variety of things, including collecting hair clippings from salons and pet groomers to create mats to clean up oil spills.



I thought it was pretty cool and decided to bring it up to my stylist next time I went in for a trim. Then last month as I was reading about the BP oil spill, and decided not to wait. So I composed an email to my salon, telling them about the program. I received a response the same day, thanking me for my input and stating they would be starting donations the following week! I think the salon owners may already have known about the organization, and to be honest I'm not sure which makes me more happy, the idea that I may have helped or the idea that my salon is just that awesome.

2 comments:

  1. that's pretty awesome!!!! i dont have a hair salon yet :( still looking and searching but great cause!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great. It's really wonderful that you took the time to tell them what is important to you (and the environment)! I got my hair cut in the past month and the salon to ME about it actually. They had a little poster that I read during my visit. Thanks, I'll share this on my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete