Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sweet Saturday

After a long week, I was really, really glad to be able to sleep in today. It was nice to just lie in bed, snuggling with Matt and the cat, and stare our the window at the beautiful San Diego day unfolding . . .



When we finally dragged ourselves out of bed, the mail had been delivered, including some packages I ordered from Etsy. One was a gift for someone else, but I couldn't resist getting these adorable cards for myself. I discovered the seller after reading a CityBeat article about local Etsy shops.


Cards by SparklePaw

Matt is spending tonight in LA with a buddy, but before he left we went to the zoo. It was . . . a zoo. I mean really packed. I know the weather is San Diego is pretty much always nice, but when it starts to warm up, you really see the city come alive. Because we got a late start, we parked on the street instead of circling the lot, and there was even a small line to get in. We didn't stay for long, but while we were there we saw the Malayan tigers being fed, the otters snuggling in the shade, and checked out the remodeled polar bear exhibit. It was so crowded, I didn't actually take any photos today, but here's an older one I took from the Skyfari, which we took today for a quick exit:


We stopped by the grocery store on the way home, where the butcher told me he could sell me a 10 pound bag of chicken leg quarters for $4.90. It wasn't butchered at the market, which is a downside, but it was cheap. So I took it and now I'm making chicken stock. It doesn't look like much yet, but believe me, this is going to be some pure, golden deliciousness:


Now, I'm just relaxing: drinking some Arnold Palmer and listening to Matt & Kim while sitting on the couch next to the cat, who is also relaxing, unsurprisingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment