Saturday, March 6, 2010

Save Saturday Service!

The United States Post Office is asking congress for permission to cut Saturday delivery. Now this doesn't actually bother me that much as long as they keep the offices open on Saturday (which I believe is the plan). However, I have been thinking about how very nice it is to receive actual correspondence by mail. Maybe it's because I'm currently reading Jane Austen, but I feel there is a certain romance to the hand-written (or hand printed) word and sometimes I wish I wrote more letters and cards. So I'm going to. I know sending a few letters won't actually do enough to keep the USPS delivering on Saturday, but it's still inspiration enough for me (plus, the alliteration in "save Saturday service" is nice, no?).

Here's the deal: send me your address by email and I'll send you written correspondence by mail. I'm not promising extraordinary prose or even a lengthy letter (it may be a note or a postcard) but you will get something.

5 comments:

  1. i love the idea!!! i just got ito penpaling and i also participate i postcrossings :) it's fun to receive mail especially on bad days and you need a little picker upper...

    ps im moving right now but when i get my new address ill def email you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'll send my address via email. :) Who doesn't love mail?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey i just found your blog - its cutee :) that would be really cool i'll email you :) gem xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! How cool! I'd love to get/send mail. I'll email you my address right away!

    ReplyDelete