Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Photos of The City

This week I took my first real trip to San Francisco. I've been to the city twice before, but only for a day trip each time while in the bay area for other reasons (weddings, both times). This trip was a spontaneous one; some friends are there for a couple weeks and offered us a place to stay, so last weekend, while I was in Washington, Matt arranged our flights after we decided this opportunity was too good to pass up.

Each time I've been to San Francisco, I've read one of Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City books, although they are so enjoyable that I don't wait for trips to read them, so this time I started the final tale, Michael Tolliver Lives. This trip I didn't find much time for reading, but I'm about halfway through, and already mourning the end of the series.

I wasn't very good about taking photos this weekend, but here are a few:

China Town

I think this building is so pretty.

Walking across Castro Street
(Photo taken by Matt)

A plaque at the location of
Milk's Castro Camera

Spectacular view of the city during a walking tour

Bi-Rite Creamery - worth the wait!
The salted caramel is incredibly tasty.

I love my wheat beers.
(Photo by Matt)

I've had a great couple of weeks but it's nice to be home, petting the Snoop and relaxing. Next month: Mexcico!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun. I'm jealous of all your recent travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me miss this city ever so much. oh how my heart longs for sanfrancisco!

    ReplyDelete